Sunday, April 13, 2014

Mosaic Circle in progress

20 of the 32 ribs are now cut!  This sculpture is a similar starting layout to the Mosaic Fan sculpture I did last spring, but it will go in a full circle, irregular edges, and has 'ribbons' of uncut space flowing through the center of the ribs.  Hopefully it comes out looking as good as it looks in my head!  :)

My most recent picture is 16/32 ribs done, but I managed to get another 4 ribs done this weekend:

Thursday, April 10, 2014

And Larger Brains!

I finished up edition 2/3 of my Neurons IV cutting.  It is a double-layered cutting, bottom layer is pale gray and top is black.  I use matboard edging layers to separate the cut layers and give more depth to the piece, and some of the dendrites interweave between layers to add to that feel.  IV is my favorite of all my Neuron-themed pieces so far- I guess that is a good thing since it means each one is improving as I go along!  Here is the  -ETSY LINK-


Sunday, April 6, 2014

2014 art shows link

I added a new link to the right-side panels on this page for the listing of my art shows for 2014.  5 results are in so far with 3 still pending.  That link will be there at all times, here is another copy of the link in case you didn't want to have to scroll that far down.  :) 

Friday, April 4, 2014

More BRAINS!!

Sold my first edition of Neurons IV on Etsy yesterday!  So I need to get working on edition 2.  I also decided to polish off edition 3/5 of my miniature Neurons art card that had been sitting on my to-do pile since November when the last edition sold.  I figured I could get that done more quickly, then I would work on N4 till it was done.

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Teresa-Angel Finished!

Finished the painting for the background and assembled all the layers.  She is now available unframed on Etsy and framed at art shows or on request.

Chinese Rainbow Jasper Rosary

Photographed and listed:

Saturday, March 1, 2014

New rosaries completed

I had all the decades put together on these, was just waiting for new crucifixes and centers.  So here we have:
Banded agate (4mm, orange.  The beads look like creamsicles to me- almost edible!  :)  ):

Red tigereye (8x6mm flattened ovals):

Dyed rhodonite (6x8MM slightly flattened globes):
Striped jasper (dyed, 4mm):

This evening I also just finished a chinese rainbow jasper 6mm one that I was THISCLOSE to keeping myself, that is how much I love the way it turned out!  Finished it too late for decent lighting, so I will have to try to get it photographed tomorrow.

Teresa-Angel in progress

Edition 2/3.  Going fancier on this one- 11x14, triple-layer, and watercolor background.

Angel (layer 1) about 2/3 cut:

Angel (layer 1) finished:

Beginning of layer 2 (wind) dry-stacked with layer 1:

Layer 2 completed:

Dry-stack of layer 1 & 2:


Now all I need is to finish the watercolor painting!

Friday, February 21, 2014

Hawksbill Sea Turtle is done!

 This was the first piece of this type that I have done.  It is 4 layers- a white watercolor paper cut layer for the top, a painted layer directly beneath the turtle, freehand-cut waves from royal blue cardstock, then a final watercolor painting below that.  Whew!  Lots of fun to construct, and I am really happy with how it turned out!