Sunday, October 19, 2008

Koala and Pharaoh hound patterns

Usually when I would go to the koala house at the zoo the koalas would always be asleep with their heads tucked away so I couldn't even see their faces. But one cool fall day, I had the koala house almost to myself (there was one zoo volunteer there, but otherwise it was empty). And the koala decided to wake from his nap, move around, and pose repeatedly for me for about 15 minutes. I must have taken 50 pictures of him during that time! My 'Eucalyptus' limited piece came from this photo sessions, as did the previous small koala pattern that is on it's 3rd edition now. So time to make a new one! I am really happy with the way this guy turned out for me..











And this Pharaoh hound was at the IX Center dog show in 2005 or 2006. She was in the 'Meet the Breeds' ring, and looked like she had had a REALLY long day! I thought the way she was stretched out accented the long-drawn elegant lines that define this breed and all the sight-hounds..

No comments: