Friday, January 23, 2009

Chow Chow pattern

My photo model for my new Chow pattern was from the 2008 Crown Classic again. This pup was particularly interesting for two reasons.. His handler told me that since the short-coated Chows are less common, it is a lot harder to finish one, and apparently this pup has been doing very well in shows. And secondly, he was the friendliest Chow I had ever met- seemed at least a little interested in sniffing the people that walked by, and even took a piece of chicken from my hand when his handler gave it to me.. The handler was telling me that it was a combination of genetics (picking parent dogs that were more relaxed around people), and socializing the crud out of the puppy.. :) Either way, he had done a great job, and the pup was a beautiful dog.

No comments: