Monday, June 15, 2009

Multi-tasking

I usually work on carving or cutting while I am at a show to make the time go quicker and so I can feel productive even if the show doesn't go well. So in the 20+ hours that I was at CP this weekend, I managed to get 4 carvings done. The 3 smaller ones I did from start to finish, the larger one was about half-done when I took it up there..













And since my large central cottonwood piece is now sold, I kicked into higher gear working on my next large piece. I have the piece planned and laid out with 4 faces, and 2 of the 4 were roughed out. Today I got the 3rd roughed out, and fine-tuned all 3. Will put up more pics once I have things defined enough to show up well on camera.. The total piece is about 4.5 feet long, and I am hoping to have it done by the Saint John Westshore show in July.

No comments: