Friday, June 5, 2009

Tent upgrade!!

Well, after trying to replace the broken struts on my Ezup tent and finding even more parts that would need to be replaced, I broke down and ordered a professional artist tent from Creative Energies- the Light Dome. It is supposed to be the lightest and easiest to put up of the three brands I have heard other artists recommend. Just in time for my first outdoor show of the year next weekend.

So I got the packages yesterday, and took some time today to figure it out and set it up. It was actually a LOT easier than I had expected- the only tricky part is getting the canvas top spread over the top. But that is also better than I expected. I think this will make life a lot easier for setup- not to mention it is actually waterproof, so I won't have to be nervous overnight for weekend shows...

I was too lazy to extend the legs to full height or put up all the sides once I figured out how they went on, but here is the base. I will try to get a full shot when I am set up for Crocker Park next weekend...

No comments: