Monday, July 16, 2012

Spirit of the Forest- in progress

'Spirit of the Forest'
Work in progress.  Will probably be framed 11x14 with watercolor background when completed.  Limited cut, Edition 1/1.

It has probably been 6 months since I started cutting this piece, and I keep getting distracted by all the other things I need to get finished.  In the last couple weeks, I managed to get a bit more work done on it, and I think it is taking shape nicely.  I was thinking of making a goal to have it cut, painted, matted/framed, and ready to show by my Levis Commons show in August (Toledo/Perrysburg).  Whether I can actually make that goal or not, however, is going to be dependent on how many pieces I have to cut to replace the ones I end up selling at Ann Arbor this week.  So, I am kinda hoping I don't have time to make the goal!!  ;)

I won't be taking this piece to Ann Arbor to work on- the larger ones are a lot harder to travel with without bending or marking accidentally, and I have put enough work in on this that I don't want to take a chance on it getting damaged.  So I will be re-addressing it come Sunday when I am back in town..

No comments: