Friday, December 12, 2008

Dog show

It is that time of year again- the big Crown Classic dog show in Cleveland. I spent about 4 hours today wandering around the show and taking pictures. I got lucky enough to get some good pictures of a cute little Havanese up on her grooming table- her owner was nice enough to pose the puppy for me even though I was trying to stay in the background.. :) and there was a cute Tibetan Terrier by the next ring over whose people posed him over and over for me as well. Both of these breeds were ones people have asked me about, but I have had trouble finding dogs to pose for me..

I also got some good pictures of a smiling happy American Staffordshire Terrier. I love getting pictures like that to model for cuttings, since I think the bully breeds get such a bad reputation that I really want to show them in a good light- especially how wonderful they can be with people when they are treated right. This girl in particular could not get enough attention. I sat down on the floor by her and she washed my face and plopped herself in my lap for scratches, smiling the whole time! :)

Hopefully I will have a group of new puppy patterns coming up in the next couple months from this trip- and again I have to thank all the wonderful owners and handlers who bent over backwards to pose their dogs for me and answer all my questions!!

No comments: